Ruins in Veliko Tarnovo
Trapezitza is a hill located near the town of Veliko Tarnovo. It is believed that the name derives from “trapeze” because the shape of the hill is a trapezoid. During excavations there were found remains of 17 churches, and the relics of St. Ivan Rilski, transferred to the Rila Monastery.
Saint Spass Church is located on the outskirts of the Balkan Mountains, in Veliko Tarnovo. The construction began in 1859 by Kolyo Ficheto and ended three years later, making it originated as a renaissance. The upper part of the church was destroyed in the earthquake in 1913. Currently it is being restored and has a plan in the future, in one of the halls to make exposure icons.